Maintenance Tips to Prolong the Lifespan of Your Caravans
Your caravan is your ‘home on wheels’ and has the ability to last long. But, depending on the way you take care of them, their lifespan varies. To ensure that your caravans are in top working condition, schedule regular Mandurah caravan repairs, check, and maintenance. In order to make sure that your caravan is sturdy, functional, and presentable, you must know what to check and when to hire a maintenance service. Here are a few maintenance tips to make sure that your caravan is in top working condition for your next travel.
Install Sensor Lights
Adding sensor lights to your caravan is essential since it gives you an alert if it is about to hit something or collide with another vehicle. Some sensor lights also give you alert when a thief gets close to your caravan.
Consider installing long-lasting battery as it is cost-efficient and reliable. Avoid drying clothes or other things that can easily catch fire from battery heat. You should not let the battery charge become lower than 50% and avoid connecting all the electric appliances a once to make it last longer.
Regularly check the chassis for rust and use wax oil to keep it rust-free. Once rust starts, it will continue to grow, so schedule mobile caravan repairs in Mandurah to get rid of the rust.
From exterior lights to the interior lights and lamps, make sure that the lights are working in proper condition.
Replace Breakaway Cable
Your breakaway cable must not be frayed. Replace the breakaway cable, if it’s frayed.
- Make sure that all the tyres are in working condition.
- Recharge the battery if it’s getting low.
- If the corner steadies and jockey wheel are stiff or sticky, greases them properly to make them moving.
- Check whether the fire extinguisher, and smoke alarm are up to date and working.
- Confirm that all doors, windows, and skylights are fully operational and undamaged.
- Apply oil on hinges, to make sure that they remain smooth and operational. Also, check the sealings are placed properly if not, it would develop further issues.
- Replace the brakes if they are excessively worn.
- Regularly change the water heater and ensure that the water system is flowing well.
- Use an immobiliser when the vehicle is parked to prevent the engine from starting. If not, it will overturn when left unattended.
- Maintain correct tyre pressure for safe caravanning and prevent any dangerous blowout. This also helps you to prolong the lifespan of the tyres, improve vehicle safety, and fuel efficiency.
Schedule regular trailer repairs in Mandurah to keep your caravan clean and maintained to prevent any accidents.